Tag Archives: Juan Griss
The Pleasing Charm of Still Life Paintings- Historical References
You will be amazed to learn about the fascinating technical concept of still life painting. It is certainly a form of art usually a painting or drawing a bunch of objects. As we surely know that objects cannot move, that is why the word “still” has been implied to them. Talking particularly about the previous ancient times, the objects were preferably fruits, flowers and other different sorts of dead animals and food, therefore the name “life” is introduced to it. Interestingly, the French speak of still life as nature morte which means dead nature. Now let’s gather some knowledgeable information about the start of still life art.
The Ancient Era of Egyptians in the World of Still Life Art
Undoubtedly, people around the world have been drawing and painting collections of items for more than thousand years ago. Chiefly, the Egyptians stressed upon painting bulks of offerings for their holy gods in tombs or temples. Inquisitively, the ancients showed least interest in shading or perspective. They hardly believed in making things have a realistic appearance. They suggested unrealistic and mesmerizing work more over realism. They simply wanted express the significance of object that they chose to draw. For instance, this painting shows grapes, onions, apricots, meat which is likely to be a feast of their god.
The Intriguing Fascination of Greeks and Romans
Romans and Greek people weren’t dry or boring. They were a part of this still life artistic work where the artists painted objects enjoyably. Their efforts are said to be more realistic than those of the Egyptian artists. It will be exiting to know that loads of mosaics of objects that terribly attracted people arousing their ultimate attention. You can see the cheerful objects presented on floors of museums or villas. The most striking part is the roman tow which is basically uniquely covered by ash. The town is interestingly known as Pompeii where these paintings bring sparkle and glow to the city. As we spoke of Egyptians, they weren’t indulged in shading or coloring the objects but on the other hand, the Greeks and Romans more efficiently and effectively took part in this side of painting which was pleasantly related to shades and colors.
The Strange Enchantment of Vanitas Still Life Paintings
Peculiarly, the most charming part of history states the meaning of Vanitas which is a passage of Bible in revelations. Surprisingly, it means “vanity of vanities, everything or all is vanity”. The incredible idea behind was linked with people who love joy and pleasure in their life. They appreciated and adored those things which would add colors to their lives and give them the strong feeling of being wealthy or important. The chief aspect about vanity paintings lies in their reality which speaks of them as expensive and magical fanciful objects, wine goblets and musical instruments for pleasantness. These fancy paintings also remind people of the horrifying times such as hourglass or candle, death portraying human skull mostly.
The Heavenly Engulfment of Twentieth Century Still Life Paintings
In the modern era of 20th century, the artists did not refrain from designing still art paintings. They still occupy a large space and make the artistic world full of delight with their voluptuousness. All the great artists have learnt marvelously how to paint and draw and they have their own ways of expressing the talent. New shapes, color, tones makes the entire painting picture look extremely attractive magnetically pulling the seekers attention. After several experiments, once they have mastered this form of enthralling art, they then hold the tendency to spin the world around with the paint brush in their hand by making the world and objects look highly inviting and beautiful.
Still Life Paintings- Old is Really Gold
Through thorough research of 1950s and 1660s, it has been put forward some witnesses on Amsterdam. It talks to us about the time when Amsterdam became political, social and financial capital of lush green Netherlands. At this stage, marvelously skilled still life painters like van Beyeren and Willem Kalf introduced fancy displayed still life art by creating and featuring expensive objects and fruits such as Venetian glassware, Chinese porcelain, trays and silver-gilt cups usually furnished in shining and lustrous light and a smooth velvety environment. In these splendid admiring works of Willem van Aelst, Heem, Rachel Ruysch and the unbelievably influential artist Jan van Huysum, the focus was more on the aesthetic temptation and beauteous function apparent in every still life painting which has been more conspicuous than any other time.
Evolution of Still Life Paintings
Moreover, in the middle of 1600s, still paintings showed dead games for instance Jan Weenix s Falconers amazed the world by creating aristocratic image depicting country life. In the previous decades, paintings of dead games had been in fashion the Netherlands of Spanish where Frans Snyder along with his companion Jan Fyt changed portraits of unfortunate hares, deer, fowl and other animals into detailed and impressive essays in texture and color and also into testaments of life which was comfortably lived on straggling estates. By the arrival of 1700, Flemish, French, Dutch and German specialities had strangely turned out to be less obviously distinguishable with the Dutch painters working enthusiastically for foreign princes and flourishing market with still life art all over Europe.
Simple Illustrious Notes on Still Life Paintings
- Over the years, artists have proudly chosen the subject regarding still life and they support their choice with various reasons; to expose or reflect the position of their owner in either haughty or humble way; for the expressing symbolic meaning that discloses the a mysterious though, idea or hidden story; to preserve and capture natural beauty of ephemeral object fruit or flower; to explain the artists great skills of painting technique or as a gripping and controlled structure to reveal the abstract qualities of elements which are basically shown as visuals.
- Speaking particularly about tradition, still life art has been the drawing of objects such as flowers, fruits and household items which are mostly seen settled on the table top.
- The mind blowing artist Harmen Steenwyck demonstrated items that reflected a secret message to the audience.
- Chardin overjoyed the world by showing enchanting beauty in the glaring household objects which are present in our surroundings.
- Juan Griss utilized his skill of still life by experimenting it in a way of predicting and anticipating objects existing in time and space.
- Amazingly, still life as a full grown subject provided people with a chain of exuberant artists of various eras. They explore the relationship with worldly objects that are a part of our surroundings.
- As the world drastically evolves, artifacts, new products and modern median will ceaselessly continue to give suggestions on new avenues for re invention of the emphatically pleasant form of art which is the wondrous still life art.