Tag Archives: Caravaggio
Surprising Hues and Variations of the Color Purple
Human eye has the ability to identify ten million different hues that has various uses and effects. They can be used in an extremely descriptive and pure manner such as the Egyptians did. One will be amazed to know that the Egyptians used many exciting and glorious colors to discriminate between Pharaohs and Gods, also to distinguish between women from men. The extent of their creative is apparent in the fact that the Egyptians used colors to convey emotional responses or moral messages or portray a certain perspective. Most of all, the colors are to represent effects of light whereas many fabulous painters named Rembrandt and Caravaggio have manipulated the contrast between different hues for a more enhanced dramatic effect.
The Unfathomable Allurement of Color Purple
Undoubtedly, the purple color is one of the richest colors in the history of colors. It has strong and deep connections with wealth, strength and power. It has always been a symbolic reference of royalty but now, this mind harassing color is enjoyed and adored by everyone. Purple color is stupendous giving an individual a strong sense of power, success and accomplishment. The most breath taking fact about the ancient times states that the dye used was derived from mollusks and were way too expensive. This is the reason why purple was favorite of many royalties such as the queens and the kings and it was also a dominant color for decorating their magnificent courts.
Various Magical Shades of Purple
The royal color purple has many fascinating and startling shades such as egg plant, royal, plum, grape including the softer and light shades like lilac and lavender. The vibrant shades in purple transmits signal of luxury while the shades with soft tones are soothing and refreshing. Whatever shade one desires for, the color will remain beauteous and gorgeous in your décor and home.
Different Shades of Purple Explained
Have a look at various sparks of this majestic color:
- Violet- purple shades revealing warmth are considered as violet.
- Gray purple- this intense and romantic color is a brilliantly calming and serene. The combination of purple with gray color gives a classy look.
- Periwinkle- this unique color known as Bluish purple has its own terrific quality. Although the color relies on the kind of lighting you chose. It can either look purple or even blue.
- Plum- deep, dark shades of reddish purple are attention evoking and sophisticated. If you are interested in adding some kind of composed or cozy sensation to your area, never hesitate as this color is lighthearted.
If you are interested in buying a painting of purple flower, have a look at this amusing purple rose oil painting.
Delighting Pigments Creating Amusing Color Purple
Blend or taken individually colors like gray, white and purple are modern and as wondrous color scheme that fits the urban people or loft. Create an enchantment by mixing such enthusiastic textures, patterns and colors. Astonishment arises when one acknowledges the creation of this mesmerizing color purple. Dioxazine and manganese are elements that are actually common to every color but are preferably seen in Quinacridone, Cobalt and Ultramarine. Experiment with the fabulous color violet or purple with different types of shades such as reds and blues unless you don’t find your own desired color.
Attention Grabbing Serenity of Purple
Mostly young couples specially the ones of that are the elites demand for hot colors. Wonder that nowadays people crave for this stunningly hot color. Many people consider various tones of color purple like plum and lavender are incredibly hot. The hot shades of purple are gorgeous and catchy to the eyes due to which people use them in their royal palaces or mansions.
You can buy this beautiful purple abstract painting by Wassily Kandinsky at ArtGaga.
Amazing Enjoyable Facts About the Majestic Purple
- The owner of Federal Express “Freight” has used an eye catching shade of purple in FedEx logos. This is the significance known as “purple promise” that you will get your packages right on time. Using orange with purple also guarantees that the package will stand out and you won’t miss it.
- One another captivating fact is that in 2008, the giant Yahoo changed the color of the logo to purple from red.
- The name and color “purple” basically came from dye extracted from glands of tropical sea snail known as murex also called purpura in Latin. Decades ago, creating dye was labor intensive and really expensive. That is why it became a symbol of royalty, power and wealth.
- Aubergine describes a bright shade of majestic purple in America but aubergine in Europe is the name used for vegetable known as eggplant.
Amerighi da Caravaggio or Michaelangelo Merisi as he is more famously called was a popular Italian artist from the 16th century. Caravaggio was born in the year 1571 in the city of Milan, Italy.
He showed great potential for art ever since very early in his childhood, and eventually would go on to train under such coveted names as Simone Peterzano in his birth city of Milan. When he was 20 years old, Caravaggio moved to Rome where he was able to use his talents as a gifted painter to get painting contracts for many new palazzos and churches which required emerging talent for filling its interior spaces and domes.